913-768-6161 - Johnson County, Kansas
Wood Floor Care Info
Types of Finishes available: Polyurethane or Waterborne
Choices of Gloss, Semi-gloss or Satin Sheens
Tips on New or Reconditioned Floors
* Drying time will depend on temperature conditions.
*When floor is dry it may be walked on, in socks, for two weeks.
* All furniture must rest on felt protectors (available at most hardware stores.)
* Felt protectors must be checked periodically for wear.
* Floor may be cleaned after three weeks, using purified water with spray bottle, and a clean, dry, soft towel. Spray lightly and wipe dry.
* Do not lay large, heavy, area rugs on floor for 30 days, allowing ample cure time.
* For maximum durability the finished floor can be kept clean, day-to-day, by using a dry dust mop.
*When moving a fridge or any large appliances, always use an appliance dolly.
*NEVER allow anyone to roll fridge out unless a square 3' by 3' of 1/4" plywood is used in front of it's wheels for protection.
* Recoating of hardwood floors involves screening the top layer of finish, cleaning thoroughly and applying a new coat of finish to the surface. This process is done when the floor loses its sheen, especially in high traffic areas.
*NEVER USE ANY WAX, PLEDGE OR OIL BASE PRODUCT ON THE FLOOR. This will contaminate the finish and recoating will not be an option.